Monday 11 July 2016

Book Review - Sunshine over Wildflower Cottage

+Kim Nash recommended Milly Johnson's novels to me and when Milly's latest one appeared on Facebook or Twitter, its delightful cover drew me to it and I ordered it from Amazon in paperback.  I began to read it over and above the ones waiting to be read piled up on a bedside table.

As always, I am a slow reader.  I like to savour the story and get to know the characters.  I like to see how different people write and form the tales they are telling.

Milly uses delightful descriptions that flavour the mind and this book, in particular, gets to the sense of smell too - often lacking or hardly noticeable in other novels I read.

It was totally intriguing, gripping and cleverly plotted.  She painted a picture so vivid that I began to read quicker and quicker towards the end.  The story portrays the weakness and strength of women, the greed of wealth and the desperation of keeping something more precious than money and status.  There was a divine way of truth, love and friendship weaved throughout which read as though it were a true story.

If you like country life, rescue pets, nice smells and interesting relationships you will love this novel.  In each chapter there is love, tragedy, suspense, power struggles, friendships and even a spiritual element of the afterlife.

Well done Milly Johnson.  I give a 5* review on Amazon.  Ps.  I loved the mop bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment