Thursday 6 October 2016

Book Review - Thursdays in the Park


 
 
As it is October and the leaves are changing colour, falling and scratching around the pavements on windy days, the cover of this book drew me to itself.  I picked it up in a Charity Shop, not really needing another book as I have a pile of  'to be read' books by my bed. 

What I liked about this book was that it was about a sixty year old woman (my age bracket) in a long term marriage (there are still some of us around) with a boring, yet controlling husband who gives Jeanie more than enough to worry about when he wants to sell their home and move down south before she is ready to retire.

Helping her daughter out with childcare also has its challenges when weekly trips to the park with her granddaughter gives Jeanie a new outlook on life.

With lots of traumas and believable events Jeanie's life is turned upside down and painful topics have to be faced and decisions made.

It was refreshing to read a love story that would appeal to all ages but predominantly for more mature ladies.  It was easy to read, gripping and enjoyable.  Well written Hilary Boyd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment