Tuesday 18 July 2017

A Crafty Read

Another 5* read from my favourite author


How lovely it was to have a book about CRAFTING - one of my passions.  I loved all the names and terms/crafting jargon, that comes with the territory.  Reading about papers, die cutting, craft channels on television etc was like listening to my friends at our craft group (see previous blogs).

It became a harder read for me when the protagonist's only child, a teenage son, is diagnosed with a Life Threatening Condition as I too am a mother of one child, an adult daughter, going through a similarly harrowing time. 

Carole wrote exceptionally well from the mother's view whose thoughts and feelings resonated with my own.  Tissues should be to hand in these chapters.  Thankfully there was no mention of a bald head, wearing caps, stitches and scars that anyone with or caring for someone with the same or similar LTC will perhaps know about. 

The story moved seamlessly into uplifting me again when young love, surprises and exciting new beginnings brought happy endings.

The book encouraged me to blog about crafting more and start a stash of home-made cards for sale later in the year to raise money for my chosen charity.  Watch this space.

Meanwhile I can't wait to re-connect with Danny and the Dreamcatcher in the autumn.  If you have read The Cake Shop in the Garden, you will know what I mean.
Warning: this book is very calorific!  Much cake will be eaten as you enjoy reading it!



No comments:

Post a Comment