Sunday 9 July 2023

NEWSLETTER

 

WELCOME to my newsletter. Although I have been blogging for many years, had various magazine articles printed and self-published a children’s religious book 33 years ago, I have more recently written a women’s contemporary fiction novel, some children’s books and short stories. As many debut authors will agree, getting an agent or mainstream publisher is very hard and very time consuming. Retirement is a wake-up call - I’m not getting any younger!

Therefore, I have opted for Oscar the Owl to be published via an independent publisher and the book is now on its way to being available. It is hard to contain m my excitement. I am like a child in a sweet shop.

I have been working together with local artist Rosa Brown to bring Oscar to life. Her colourful interpretation of my work has moved me to tears of delight as each picture portrays just what I believe will enhance the words and bring about further discussion with children as the book is being read.

 

©

Do you like the cover?

Friendly Oscar has wise words to impart to children aged 3-7 years of age. Teachers, childminders, parents, grandparents, librarians etc will find life skills explained and useful tips for every day occasions for our growing young ones. Early learners will love the vibrancy and clarity of the pictures and simple wording.

Hopefully, next month I will be able to let you know how it can be purchased. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment