Wednesday 28 February 2024

Update on Book Promotional work

 

OSCAR THE OWL  

Newsletter

Oscar has kept me busy again and I love having this focus in my life. A lot of authors are not keen on promotional work but I find Oscar is taking me to new places and meeting new people, all of whom are very friendly. Stall holders at craft fairs and craft/book/coffee shops are particularly lovely.  I met Karen’s Exceptional Cards (see Facebook) and www.Joyem.co.uk recently and had instant rapport. They shared craft fair locations and other connections that I will be following up. Do look them up for that extra special greeting card or present.

Oscar now has his very own bookmark which is a useful addition to give as a promotional aid.

©Rosa Brown www.flontiere.com 

A lot of time is spent in research, emails and social media. Actual writing/editing my follow up children’s books and my novel have been squeezed out! I need to get organised and balanced, but I am very happy doing what I do each day. I have managed a few days away and time with friends too and as it’s not yet gardening weather, I remain indoors on cold days.

❄❄

On February 14th I went on a road trip to Worcester to see my friend Christine and to visit Script Haven, independent bookshop which is housed in a building that used to be a hotel where Charles Dickens once stayed. It’s on the High Street and has a coffee shop and treasures inside – books and gifts. I hope to visit again to do an author reading to a group, perhaps in October.

www.scripthaven.co.uk

On February 18th I was at a Craft Fair in my home town in the lovely No18 Coffee House and Wine Bar, 18 Lichfield Street, Tamworth. Thank you to Cathy, Ben, Penny and all the staff who made me and other crafters so welcome.

This week, Friday 1st March, is WORLD BOOK DAY. Please consider buying a book for yourself – a novel, autobiography or genre of your choice. And/or encourage the younger generations to read age appropriate books. If cost is an issue, go to your local library or download a free book or two on your tablet/devise.

If you would like a copy of Oscar the Owl as an Easter present for a little one in your family circle, a neighbour’s child or as a gift to your local church, scout cubs/brownie group etc. here’s the link: https://amzn.eu/d/bqy7S7x

Reading to my Great-Niece, Imogen.

“Oscar says….. it doesn’t matter what you have or what you wear. What matters is who you are and what you want to be”

If you would like a signed copy by post, do email me: sueflint13@hotmail.com and if you have seen a copy it would be really helpful if you could do a short review on Amazon.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Sue x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment