Wednesday 13 May 2015

Writer's Block


Writer’s Block Exercise 12 May 2015 lead by Brian Johnson.
Pick a number between 1 and 5.

Find that number Psalm in the bible and after reading it, choose one word from the Psalm for the first 8 letters of the alphabet.

I chose Psalm 3, and my words were:
Arise
Break
Cry
Deliver
Every
Foes
God
Holy

 Make a sentence/paragraph using these words.

1)      Arise from your slumber, I will break the tension.  You will cry no longer, I will deliver you from every foe.  I am your God, the Holy one who heals.

2)      Arise, I say and break your habits.  Cry to me and I will deliver you.  Every deed will be rewarded and justice brought to your foes.  I am your God, the Holy one who changes your circumstances and leads you on a new path.

Rewrite Psalm 3.

O Lord, why don’t I recognise my foes
Until they rise up against me?
They speak against me and dishonour my deeds
They say I am a fool.

But you O Lord surround me
You protect me and lift up my head
You heard my unspoken thoughts
And you lead me away from harm.

I lie down to sleep
And awake refreshed again
I will not fear my rebukers
And allow them to consume me.

My God is my deliverer
He is my Lord,
Be gentle on my foes
But show them the error of their ways.

Lord bless me and my enenies
Bless all your people this day.
                                                                Sue Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment