Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Big Adventure - afterthoughts 2

Handwritten Blog from Wednesday of the Second Week:

The Writer's have gone to the beach.  The Personal Development group and the Artists are at the Centre.  I am on day 2 of looking after myself and taking time out.  The pace, the heat, the energy has all taken me over and I need time alone, time to rest, read, write, sleep.

There is talk about the last night - Friday will be here soon.  Some want to be on the beach, they want to choose their own ending to the experience they have had here, but there is an agenda and they are outvoted on their idea.  I had promised in the whole group on Sunday night to look after my health and wellbeing and to have some fun.  Fun was dancing on Monday night, dancing like I had not danced for many a year.  It was so freeing, it shifted something in me and probably helped me to decide to opt out of the course for 3 days this week.

I bought crossants, peaches, bananas, yoghurt and bottled water so I could breakfast alone and at my own time and pace.  I amble into town and sat in a taverna alone then ate an omelette for lunch.  Another time I sit in the town square with a beer and nuts and just watch the world go by.  This is my holiday time, I regain some strength and clarity of mind.

The wind finally drops and I sit on the balcony and write about the cats I just watched fighting and screaching on a branch at the top of a fig tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment