Saturday 2 April 2016

Television Adverts

The Ads.  We love them and hate them, those jingles, lovely ladies and funny men vying for our attention between our chosen viewing programme. They are the loo breaks, the tea breaks and the checking other channel moments but sometimes we just sit and endure them.

Personally, I press the 'mute' button on the controls and play a game or two on my tablet.  Silence is golden.  Have you noticed how they are actually louder in volume than the programme you are watching, especially on the extra ITV channels where they are more frequent, sometimes with only seven minutes of programme before it's advert time again.

Most annoying for me :
  • 'You buy one, you get one free' - windows ad.
  • 'Go compare' man singing - I have never gone and compared.
  • The dancing lad around and in a swimming pool - why is he alone, where are his parents and all the other holiday makers?
  • The 'double discount' or 'hurry sale ends Monday' furniture ads.
Bring back :
  • For hands that do dishes - Fairy liquid ads.
  • For mash get Smash - iconic laughing metal aliens
And ones I quite like :
  • 'I like this one (box of tea bags) and I like this one (an Aldi brand) but I prefer tea'
  • Adverts that show you forthcoming television programmes or films to see at the cinema.
What do you think of television adverts?  Leave a comment below...



No comments:

Post a Comment