Wednesday 24 August 2016

ONE YEAR ON.....

This time last year (August 2015) I was a few days into an adventurous once in a life-time holiday.  I had turned 60 and had never travelled alone.  It was a challenge and dream I set my sights on, subconsciously, many years ago.  Then it came into reality.  I travelled by car, plane, taxis, coaches and two ferries and arrived on the wonderful island of Skyros for a Writing Holiday that really had an impact on me.

I met a group of fantastic people and was tutored by the amazing Monique Roffey, whose words have echoed in my mind throughout the past year, "Just F***ing Write it."  I loved her, she was a total inspiration and made our 'class' times very valuable.  I was privileged to spend my birthday evening with her after a day of great joy with the others in the group too.
 
I have been reminiscing by looking again at my collection of photos, being in touch with those who I met, by connection of Facebook, Twitter and emails.  Looking back on my achievements since then I can be proud of myself and be thankful for the wonderful experience that continues to be my 'kick-start' into taking my writing seriously.  Here's what I have been doing in this last year :
  • Had articles published in YOURS and TAKE A BREAK RECIPES magazines
  • Completed an Open University 'Writing Fiction' course
  • Written and posted many BLOGS
  • Resubmitted my Children's Books manuscripts to several publishers
  • Had monthly Church Magazine articles printed.
  • Attended Tamworth Literary Festival meeting established and new Authors*
  • Attended two Author and Blogger Meet Ups in Birmingham hosted by Kim Nash of Bookouture Publishers*
  • Spent six days at Swanwick Writer's Summer School, Derbyshire*
  • Finished 90,000 words of my novel and begun the editing process.
*scroll down to read blogs about these items
 
Perhaps two years on, one year on from Swanwick Writer's Summer School, I will have had more magazine articles published and perhaps a novel.  Watch this space.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment