Saturday 12 October 2024

Newsletter August/September 2024

 Yay. More Celebrations.

T’was a special birthday for me on 31st August but before that, the month went well for Oscar the Owl.

With my husband Peter at Christopher's The Peel Hotel Tamworth



Spa Experience with my daughter, sister and niece at Hoar Cross Hall

10th-16th August – my annual visit to Swanwick, The Writer’s Summer School. This year I joined the volunteer’s team and checked delegates into their rooms, then did three sessions of selling raffle tickets throughout the week.

Many courses were available to pick and choose from but I only did a few this year, opting to work on editing my novel instead. One of the two-part courses I attended was led by visiting publishers. Their presentation included some 3-minute slots on stage for attenders to pitch our work to them! It was a nerve-wrecking experience but I was glad I did it. From this they selected six people and offered a publishing contract.

It was my 9th year attending and The Summer School were celebrating its 75th year. I met up with four others from The Society of Women Writers and Journalists and quite a few other delegates I have got to know over the years. There are always lots of new people to meet, chat to at meal and coffee breaks, finding out where they are from and what they write.

Oscar the Owl had books in the Bookshop and he loved having fun out and about in the beautiful grounds.

With Karin and Julia

Back home there was a lot to catch up on and preparations for having guests visiting. Unfortunately, a close friend was unable to visit due to covid in her family

but neighbours and friends enjoyed some Oscar cup-cakes as it was also one year since the book launch.


Happy September everyone. 

Thank you to all who follow me on social media and send messages. It is great to connect:

 

Facebook: SueFlint, Author

Twitter/X: @tweetsue13

Instagram: sueflint13

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com

Blog: https://sueflintsfs.blogspot.com

 

 

 

 

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, do let me know and I can take you off the mailing list.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment