Friday 13 November 2015

Tweeting!

The little blue bird has won!  Mentally I tell myself that spending time on social media is a waste of valuable time.  There are so many other things to do, especially when I am supposed to be writing a novel. 

My daily devotions to the Internet are far too long - a look at Facebook, play a game or two of Words with Friends and Wordox, read the latest Tweets, write a blog, send an email or three - the list seems endless.  So what do I do, open a second Twitter account to post on 'Counselling Helps' @sueflint13.

It might seem that I miss my work life - I am a retired Person Centred Counsellor and Supervisor of Counsellors.  For me it is a 'sorting out stuff' time of year.  The annual tidy up before Christmas.  Papers, folders, drawers, cupboards have all had my attention recently.  There are so many rich papers from my Counselling courses that I am loathed to just throw them out.  Some I can pass on to colleagues who are still working, but the idea to Tweet short helpful statements came in a flash and before you know it I had another Twitter account.  I hope it is useful to those who 'follow'.  The years of learning and experience I had would then not be lost.  Am I just procrastinating in the letting go or genuinely concerned for others well being?  Perhaps both.

We all have problems, every day something upsets us, frustrates us, annoys us or we have health issues to contend with, relationship difficulties, injustices to fight, work/life balance stresses.  Positivity isn't always easy to practise.  So any little snippet of uplifting thought is useful; any thought provoking statement can change the course of our day (or even our life) if we allow it to.

Take a look at my new Twitter account, follow me and tweet a reply.  Or leave a comment on this blog post.  I love hearing from you.  Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment