Wednesday 25 November 2015

Cheers!

I could just drink one of these right now!  An Alfa beer.  A happy memory moment from my Skyros holiday which seems so long ago now the days in UK are darker, colder, and far from being 'chilled' in a relaxed holiday sort of way.

I am in touch with my Skyros friends - one of whom is writing her novel at a pace of knots during the NaNoWriMo experience which I have chosen NOT to partake in.  Another 'already established' author is also 'tweeting' and blogging about the NaNoWriMo experience.  It felt like too much pressure to put myself under - to commit to 1,500 words a day for the whole month of November.  After all my diary was already full of other things and there is the added pressure of Christmas being around the corner. 

But seeing them and others achieve good writing goals made me press on with mine regardless of the NaNoWriMo experience.  I am enjoying reconnecting with my work, retyping and allowing the story to go where it will.  I feel being connected to other writers is driving me on, if they can do it so can I.

I am up to 17,000 words now and loving being in my cabin for a two or three hours, for a few days per week.  The more I do, the more I want to do.  Things in my diary have been cancelled or rearranged.  Time is not an issue any more.  When you want to do something, you will find time.

My novel is well under way.  It would be nice in a year's time or less, to have it in a publisher's hand and be ever hopeful of it being accepted, printed and available for readers.

My children's books are out there as I write this awaiting their fate also.  I have a new kind of determination that I didn't have before my Skyros holiday. 

So Cheers @Skyrosholidays; @AndreaAnastasiou; @dellagalton; @carolematthews; @kimthebookworm; @christiebarlow; @mandybaggot; @bookouture and all authors connected by twitter.  Coffee time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment