Friday 19 February 2016

Me and my shadow....

I posted this picture on Facebook and a friend took me down memory lane.  I vaguely remembered acting on stage in High School, a double act with a bowler hat, black trousers and tie and singing a song entitled 'Me and My Shadow'.  My friend added the next lines of the song on Facebook and then later, posted the You Tube version - Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jnr on FB too.  It was lovely to hear it again.

Our fun didn't stop there.  She had taken me back over 50 years and the next sketch I remembered from those school days was 'Island of Dreams' when, at an early age, I was dressed in a coloured grass skirt, white t-shirt, a big necklace of flowers and a halo of smaller flowers on my head.  I was a background dancer along with other classmates!  I looked 'Island of Dreams' up on You Tube.  There it was sung by The Springfields (filmed in black and white as colour vision had not been invented then!)

Lastly, I was the driver on stage when we did 'Seven Little Girls sitting in the back seat, hugging and a kissing with Fred'.  I could remember most of these words and enjoyed singing along with The Avons, again courtesy of YouTube.

If I was younger I feel sure I would know how to upload these YouTube videos onto this Blog page but alas I have tried and failed.  However, I hope I have sparked off some of your memories and you will visit YouTube and singalong to your long forgotten favourite songs.  I have stored them on my tablet, no not my blood pressure tablet, the electronic device.  Oh dear, I fear I am really an old person now - black and white tv, songs my offspring will never have heard of, and getting mixed up with the meaning of words.  Oh well, fun of the past can still be fun of the present thanks to the progress of time and inventions.

But, have you heard, these are coming back into fashion and I have one!  Get those old records out.






No comments:

Post a Comment