Thursday 20 August 2015

The Big Advenutre 17

So now all the 'should I/shouldn't I go' thoughts, all the will I/won't I moments; all the planning, booking, trips to and from the travel agent, bank, mobile phone shop, websites etc - all the doubts and thoughts of cancelling, all behind me now. Thinking about it is past - doing it is now!

A lot of people are watching me, awaiting news of my trip.

I know, because of who I have been, I have influenced and inspired others in the process of taking risks, changing, trying new things.  One bereaved lady braved going on a short UK break on her own; a friend braved an overnight stay in London joining a group of strangers to attend the Albert Hall for a centenary WI meeting, another younger woman took her young son on a seaside holiday for the first time without the support of a man. Why we fear travelling and being alone is a puzzle - we drive alone every day to and from work or to places we need to be.  Airports are not so different to bus or railway stations, flying is an everyday occurrence for the pilot and crew.  It is as safe to fly as it is to drive these days.  Being alone is a choice, there will be people in all parts of my travelling.  "Strangers are friends you haven't met yet".

I have been wished well by special friends and family.  I feel loved and privileged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment