Wednesday 16 December 2015

I've got rhythm...



I am really enjoying my novel writing now.  I am engaged with the characters and love how, when I sit down to a writing session, it all just flows.  Some of what I write is drawn from personal experience and some from the imagination.  It comes forth like it is real and in the moment.  When I read a novel, that is exactly where it takes me and the fact that I can write like this is exciting because it makes me believe in myself and the possibility of publication.

The rhythm I have found goes something like this : 

Today is a writing day.
Put the heater on the in garden cabin.
Have breakfast and potter about for 30 minutes in the house.
Return to the cabin, set up the laptop, pens, paper, etc
Switch on, re-read last few paragraphs
Take flight and write!  Just write (well type). 
After an hour or so have a coffee and biscuit.
After another hour or so have a loo break.
When I have had enough (or get back ache) I look at the Word Count and if it is pleasing (over 2,000 words) I call it a day.

This rhythm works for me. It is a dance I do with and for myself once, twice or three times a week.  Of course at this time of year there are times when I have to forgo my garden cabin time - people to see, presents to wrap, shopping to do etc. 

So, to those of you who follow my progress and encourage me, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  From Selfie Sue !!!

PS. I am up to 31,000 words - that's a third of a novel - and already planning my next book!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment