Sunday 18 August 2019

Bag Lady

For some women bags are a 'thing'.  They cannot pass a shop or stall where there are bags.

"Oooooh that's nice."
"Wow look at this, isn't it fab"
"I know I have a lot of bags, but I really must buy this one"

These are some of the exclamations I hear when I shop with a certain someone.  I tag along behind her as she feels the material or leather.  She looks inside to see what extras are hidden from sight - a zip compartment, a phone holder, whether it is lined with nice material or just plain.  Considering what she will use it for is another lengthy process.

"I could take in on holiday"
"It would be perfect for such and such occasion"
"It matches my dress"
"I don't have one this size/colour/shape"

I have heard it all.  I am not particularly a 'bag lady'.  I'm very happy to use one bag for a very long time.  They take up space to store so if I don't use any bags I have they are sent to the charity shop or thrown out.  But then it happened to me.  Bag Love.  I fell hook, line and sinker for this beauty.



Never having bought a bag over £25 I crooned my love of this delight to my dearest saying he could keep it a few months and give it to me for Christmas.  And so it was a Santa Special.  I was like a child waiting for Christmas that year.

So it comes with me on my bookish outings - to Birmingham or Stoke on Trent when I attend Author & Blogger meetings; to book signing events or literary festivals and this year it went with me to Swanwick Writers Summer School. www.swanwickwritersschool.co.uk

There I met Jan Lloyd who had a dose of Bag Envy.  She admired it and touched it, looked inside, and marvelled at the matching purse too.  I promised her I would blog about it on return from Swanwick. So here it is Jan - just for you and all Bag Ladies who like owning quality handbags.

If you love dogs, cats, cafes, baking, books, bees etc. take a peak at the Yoshi website -  www.yoshi.co.uk.  There you will find similar bags, purses, card holders, glasses cases and pencil cases.  You wont be able to smell the soft leather, or feel the texture of the material inside, but you will be Wow'd by the designs and hopefully find your nearest stockist.

I acquired mine at Lichfield Cathedral Bookshop, Staffordshire but I feel sure that good quality department stores and gift/leather shops will stock them for you to peruse and handle before purchase.  It is handmade to a very high standard and is unique. Everyone speaks to me when I use it, admiring and asking where I got it.  It is my pride and joy to own.

Do contact me on Twitter @tweetsue13 to let me know if you enjoyed the blog and/or own/buy a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment