Saturday 3 August 2019

Satisfying Saturday Shopping

When I heard about The Tamworth Pantry opening at our local Garden Centre I was thrilled.  Having visited Chester recently and stumbled across a Plastic and Packaging Free shop I bought two shampoo blocks and noted all the array of goods on sale determined to find such a shop nearer to home.  I searched the internet and the nearest was in Birmingham but then, on a Sunday morning trip to Grangewood Garden Centre to look at plants and have a coffee, I noticed one of the many 'cabin units' had a sign of a forthcoming new venture....
Zero Waste Shopping
 
I started to fill a bag with empty containers ready for the opening day which was today.  I was as excited as a little girl going to a sweet shop.  I wasn't disappointed.  So now I can buy my porridge oats without its cardboard box or in a plastic bag; nuts as many or as few as I need; fill old conditioner, hand wash and washing up liquid bottles as well as buy a wooden tooth brush or lovely natural soap and so much more.

OH was impressed too as there were many spices and he got organic chick peas and apricots for cooking with.  
Free tray bakes by Heavenly Baking for first customers at The Tamworth Pantry

Then OH stopped at another cabin that sold real ales, so we sat chatting to 3 of the cabin business people whilst enjoying a tipple in the sun.

The Beer Hut sells Craft Ales, Gins, Cider, Spirits etc and it was more than he could resist.  I had a Peaky Blinder Lager and although I was going to have a cappuccino in the Grangewood Garden centre cafĂ© this really was very pleasant for a change.

We rarely go shopping on a Saturday but this was one Saturday that was very satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment