Monday 29 December 2014

60 DAYS ON...

60 DAYS ON from my 60 day challenge the following has occurred:

  • I pulled a muscle in my side and then in my back which I attributed to the sit-ups, so that went out the window.  However, I continue to go to the gym weekly and have enlisted the help of a personal trainer who gave me some more, easier exercises to do at home which I have managed three or four times a week.
  • A friend, having heard about my 60 day challenge, took on a 30 day challenge for herself before Christmas.  She wrote emails to record her daily progress.  I was so encouraged by the fact that another person found this way of working on personal development helped.  May be there is a book in my blogs?
  • There was one whole week where I didn't cook a SW recipe and I really missed it!  Still enjoying food shopping and cooking - the challenge changed my mindset.
  • The biggest thing is the writing - I have always had a desire to be a published writer.  Doing the blogs is a great discipline for me.  Having comments is an encouragement to keep on keeping on.
  • I met a fellow (new) author and will be meeting her again in the new year.  I have booked a very adventurous Writer's Holiday on the Greek island of Skyros in the summer and have declared to myself that 2015 is going to be my big 'Write' year.
The above picture, and my 60 day challenge, proves that all things are possible if you put your mind and energy into doing what you want to do.  Thoughts and obstacles WILL whisper in your ears or even shout in your head but keeping focused on the goal brings rewards.  My dear friend who did a marathon cycle ride in Tanzania fell off her bike three times during her trip but she got back on each time and completed her challenge.  We can choose whether to give up or carry on, we can choose to manage our lives according to our negativity's or our dreams.  I am all for making dreams come true, and if they don't there are good things to be had instead.

  • Oh yes, I nearly forgot, I have lost a further 1kg, so total loss is 7kg, one pound off a stone, which is what I was aiming for.  Trouser tops are now loose and I feel more comfortable.  I don't have a desire for pigging out and even Christmas foods have not phased me, I just choose what to eat, when to eat, mindful of portion size and product contents.  This has been helped by my man having a dairy allergy diagnosed, so we are having to check labels.  We are becoming a healthy option household!   
  • I also wrote to three of the main supermarket managers asking them to have a designated area of shelving for dietary items rather than place them throughout the store next to tempting alternatives.  It will be interesting to see what response I get.


No comments:

Post a Comment