Wednesday 10 June 2015

Fruit craving

Being on holiday should not be a reason to spoil good eating habits, but it does!  The sea wall where you sit to eat fish and chips, the quaint coffee shops for cappacino's and cake, the restaurants, take-aways, deli shops, all lure one away from good habits.

You tell yourself "I'm on holiday" or "you've got to treat yourself on holiday" and it all sounds plausible and acceptable until ' the bloat' happens.  Constipation and a protruding tum is you're body's way of saying 'hang on - what are you doing to me?"

Then you have a child sized ice cream because you would rather have a small one than say 'No' to the offer. 

Today the craving for fruit was so strong that I ate a whole bowl of fresh cherries, yum,  a nectarine, and a big juicy orange.  Now I only have bananas left for tomorrow.  Well that's an improvement on no fruit for three days!

I am also craving the gym and swim too that my regular routine allows for.  Although I walked for 1.5 hours through the woods on Monday I am feeling decidedly sluggish.  Perhaps I'll run up and down the stairs in the holiday cottage or swim in the sea? Brrrr.

What are your holiday eating habits like?  Got any tips that don't deny me holiday foods but maintain good eating?  Perhaps I'm asking the impossible - you can't have it both ways Mrs! Soon be time to return home and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment