Thursday 25 June 2015

The Big Adventure -blog post 3

What is happening to the Euro in Greece?  Everyone heading that way for a holiday will be asking this question.  The news advises taking Euros in cash, not a card to use in Greek cashpoints.  Makes sense, but travelling alone, this will, I am sure, make me a little more anxious.  Hopefully by the time I leave the UK it will all be sorted out and worries unfounded.

Today, I bought swimwear, shorts and flip-flops.  Well the sun was out and my holiday looms nearer each day.  Got to have the right gear for the climate!  Still can't quite believe I am going, but in the moments I think about it I am looking forwards to being part of the Skyros experience this year.

Friends and family are supportive and encouraging which helps enormously.  I admire all the foreign travelling my daughter has done alone in the past and how she still does around the UK in her showpiece VW yellow car.

There is a self confidence to be found in travelling alone whether for business or pleasure.  There is no one to rely on except yourself, you make all the decisions and then go with the flow.  Afterwards there is such a sense of achievement and a confidence that enables you to try other trips or other pursuits.

With that in mind, I am off to make a list of what else I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment