Sunday 21 June 2015

The Big Adventure

"I bought a new suitcase. There I've started".
"Started? What?"
"My blog"
"Well that's not very interesting is it. So what's the suitcase for?"
"My big adventure".
"ooooh now  that's  interesting, tell me all about itAre you going on a cruiseOh I love cruises, they are so glam, all that dressing up for evening meal.....
"No no no, here, sit down".  I pour tea.
" Thanks, nice mugs, I saw some like this in Morrison's, did you get them there?"
"No, do you want to know or not?"
"Oh your big adventure, suitcase, and its not a cruise. Yes do go on".
"'I am going on a Writing holiday....
" oh you are going to Devon, you went there before, I remember you stayed at a cottage, the owner had a dog....
"Have a cake".  Pushes blueberry muffins plate forward on the kitchen table.
"These are nice, I expect you made them yourself? I get mine from Morris...
" Will you let me speak! I'm going to Greece, well to a remote Greek island"
"Wow, that is exciting, tell me more...." Chomps her cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment