Monday 22 June 2015

The Big Adventure

For as long as I can remember I have always liked writing - letters, journals, magazine articles, short stories, children's books.  I sent the children's books off to several publishers back in the 1980's.  I have a collection of rejection letters as is par for the course. I self published a children's religious book but that was a hard learning curve that probably put me off course as, other than a few magazine articles, I have not tried for publication since.
However, I have reached the grand age of sixty and it is now or never. I have retired early and am pursuing my goal with a vengeance and passion.  I do believe all things are possible if you try hard enough, and if it doesn't you can enjoy the journey and have no regrets about what you tried to achieve before you die.
My two hobbies now are keeping fit and healthy, and writing.  Reading obviously comes hand in hand with writing so a new routine to fit all these things in, run a home, see friends and family etc is beginning to emerge.
The suitcase, sitting empty and new in the back bedroom is a daily reminder that it is only 60 days until my big adventure.  I see it as a pivotal turning point in my life, so it is both scary and exciting at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment