Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Big Adventure - blog 4

The sun is out, the bikini fits, can I go now please? Skyros seems sooooo far away, not only in distance but in time.

I am in the zone now, I have reconnected with a former me - I found a pile of rejection letters from publishers I chose to submit my children's stories too during the 1980's. I have re-read the stories I wrote 30+ years ago. Besides that which I am working on at present, these stories are very precious. I hope to road-test them on a child soon to see what they make of them.

Meanwhile the big adventure plays on my mind when I lay down to sleep, I have to actively fight off unhelpful thoughts. In the morning light though a reconnection with authors, bookworms and friends via Facebook and Twitter puts me back on track.

Today I would normally be in my garden cabin writing, writing, writing but alas my beloved laptop is at the computer hospital with a virus. I am assured it has been healed but that I need to install something that detects malware. Not sure what that is but no doubt will pay out for that too! Losing one's computer is a great loss. A gap appears in your life that forces you to look for alternative ways of doing what you usually do. So this blog comes via my tablet. Yesterday's blog seems to have got stuck uploading, so it will appear out of order when I get said laptop back.

In the meantime I might just garden sunbathe today. Have a lovely day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment