Wednesday 29 October 2014

ENDINGS

"Are we nearly there yet?" children ask from the back seat of the car on a long journey to a holiday destination.  Whether it is boredom with travelling or excitement of bucket and spades, ice cream and donkey rides, one can not be sure. 

I am on the last stretch of my 60 day challenge - the journey has become a little tiresome and getting to a new place where writing every day is not necessary even if desirable and eating healthily will be my new 'norm' is looking appealing.

Endings always bring mixed feelings - elation and sorrow; saddness and relief; freedom and change.  Of all the endings of life I have encountered I try to look on them as 'new beginnings'.  I can't start a new chapter until I have finished the last one.

I love New Year and Spring; I like Mondays, Easter and birthdays, especially '0' milestone birthdays.  They are all new beginnings.  A chance to start over with new or renewed energy.  So the ending of this challenge will bring a new way of being.  I have learnt to fight off self doubts, negative thoughts and unhelpful feelings.  I have conquered the 'lazy cook' in me and enjoyed trying out new dishes to the extent of wanting to carry on. 

I have set myself another challenge of 60 recipes to try and of 20 sit ups a day to tone my tummy muscles.  So whilst the 60 day challenge is ending a new beginning is emerging, slowly like a butterfly from it cocoon.


What will I write about after the 60 day challenge?  I don't know yet, just like each day I haven't known until I have put pen to paper.  I have been amazed at what emerges - how the pen glides across the paper, words just flowing into sentences creating a page of relevant jottings.  So I will trust that my writing will just happen, whether I blog it, journal it or pull out that novel waiting for its ending.  A new year is coming..... so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment