Thursday 2 October 2014

20 sit ups

 
I added in an extra component to my 60 day challenge yesterday.  Exercise!  My daughter is my inspiration, she maintains her 'skinny minnie' figure by a very vigorous regime of exercise and enjoys it.  She always looks amazing and I hear others say so too, so it is not just a mother being proud of her offspring.  She is, of course, 23 years younger than I.  Her tummy is what I think a tummy should look like but then my post-birth flab and a scar overhang from a hysterectomy in my 40's is my excuse for a protruding midriff.
 
At the leisure centre once a week I burn off a few hundred calories in the gym, followed by a swim, jacuzzi and sauna. I enjoy it but it doesn't cut mustard. It makes no difference.
 
So yesterday at home I got down on the floor, with a pillow under my head for support, and pushed myself to do 20 sit ups.  I could not pull up enough for my finger tips to reach my knees, but I did my best.
 
This morning I can 'feel' that I did that exercise, whereas I never feel anything after my hour or so in the gym except for hot and sweaty.  My back and tummy muscles are awake and letting me know it!  I don't like the sensation but my head is saying 'no pain, no gain'.  Not sure whether this is true or not but will probably keep doing 20 sit ups a day for the rest of my challenge and see if there is any tummy improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment