Wednesday 3 September 2014

9 chips!

I was trying NOT to write about food, or at best give details of what I've eaten because I don't believe anyone wants this information.  Pictures sometimes appear on Facebook of people's dinner plate or a full English breakfast and I don't understand why!  So if my ramblings bore you do let me know!

However, I have just weighed out for the first time ever, some oven chips.  Not wanting to go over my daily syn allowance had me reaching for the kitchen scales.  Nine chips.  Was it worth it, yes actually.  Didn't really need more with the heaps of veg I gave myself.

I'm full.  I've had plenty of food today.  I don't like the hunger pangs which I've realised I don't notice or experience when I'm anxious.  Unlike some of my friends, when bad news comes, stress, tension, sadness etc., I don't comfort eat.  My desire for food or alcohol goes out of the window.  My system survives on my reserves I suppose.  I eventually dehydrate and have to self medicate headaches or withdraw from life outside the home for safety and comfort.

Self-comforting for me is warm loose clothing, a hot bath, a mug of drinking chocolate, a bowl of soup, a dish of rice pudding, cuddling a hot water bottle, clean bed sheets smelling of soap powder and fresh air. After sleeping a clearer brain tells me to eat and drink and I am soon back to normal.

Day two complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment