Friday 19 September 2014

Back on Track

The three day meal plan is back in place again and appropriate food stuffs bought ready to cook.  I think next week I need to do a five day plan but I can now see why I lost the plot last week.

My normal (before diet) routine is to consume what my 'other half' cooks for dinner, perhaps 3 or 4 times a week.  He loves cooking, he loves being master of his own food choices, he likes food shopping and experimenting with various world-wide dishes. Of course, a girl like me (naturally lazy around food) loves a man who will cook for her.  Dieting has made this become a hurdle to negotiate.  I want to be in control of what and when I eat, so conflict in the kitchen could occur.  So I slipped into my old ways last week which, now identified, will have to be addressed. I will have to know what his meals are going to be (usually healthy foods and very tasty) and monitor my portion control as his is mostly too much for me.  I often leave some, it goes in the fridge for the next day, then I forget and have something else.  Note to self : freeze all leftovers for another time.

So my 60 day challenge does not just concern me, it has an affect on those around me.  When I go out with friends I have noticed my food and drink choices influences theirs.  "What are you having?" is a much asked question.  Why it sways our choice I'm not sure. It is a tough old business this dieting, not something to be undertaken lightly.

I have heard a lot of people berate themselves over their 'lack of willpower', 'lack of self-discipline' etc.  It sends them into a depression and vicious circle which makes things worse by causing them to 'comfort' eat when really they didn't want to.  Thankfully, I have not fell prey to this trick of the mind and am back on track again.

No comments:

Post a Comment