Friday 19 September 2014

Life, in all its fullness....

Today my pen doodles as I ponder on what to write about.  Everything pales into insignificance and seems unimportant when one is told your best friend has a serious type of cancer.

What does it matter if I have a bit of a tum that I'm struggling to flatten?  What does it matter what I eat and don't eat?  Why do all the good people get this disease?

I know it well, this damn disease, that has taken so many of my relatives; and of friends relatives and friends.  There are some wonderful success stories of women overcoming breast cancer and that is great progress in my lifetime but the cruel disease, when in other parts of the body, has not been eradicated by medical research yet.

Life goes on, of course.  Everyone goes about doing what they do only now with a lump of sadness that sticks in the throat, a well of tears sit behind the eyelids waiting for the appropriate release time.  A pit of despair hits your stomach and an unwanted thought troubles your head.  Your heart is heavy but the day dawns and beckons you to rise and go about your daily rituals - work, eat, rest, sleep.

Thank God for my faith.  That I KNOW for sure there is more to life that this.  That a day is coming when there will be no more tears, pain will cease and joy will abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment